When: Thursday, August 1st – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Friday, August 2nd – 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM & Saturday, August 3rd – 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Where: StFX Main.
What: A paddle sport that combines the elements of badminton, tennis and table tennis. Two or four players use square paddles made of wood or other material to hit a ball to the opponent’s side.
- When playing Pickleball the serve must be hit underhand and each team must play their first shot off the bounce. After the ball has bounced once on each side then both teams can either volley the ball in the air or play it off the bounce. This eliminates the serve and volley advantage and prolongs the rallies. To volley a ball means to hit it in the air without first letting it bounce.
- No volleying is permitted within the seven foot non-volley zone, preventing players from executing smashes from a position within the seven foot zone on both sides of the net.
- Both players on the serving team are allowed to serve, and a team shall score points only when serving. A game is played to eleven points and a team must win by two points.
- Points are lost by hitting the ball out of bounds, hitting the net, stepping into the non-volley zone and volleying the ball, or by volleying the ball before the ball has bounced once on each side of the net.
- 2019 Pickleball Results (PDF)
- CSGA Rulebook Pickleball Rules (PDF)