About The Games
Canada 55+ Games is a national organization that sponsors wellness for Canadians over the age of 55. Nova Scotia joined the Canada 55+ Games Association in 2004. The Nova Scotia 55+ Games is a bi-annual event at brings together individuals from across the province to an event featuring games of both physical and mental challenges. The Games encourage a positive competitive environment that fosters social interaction and emphasize the importance of a healthier and more active lifestyle for older adults in Nova Scotia.
The six regions of Nova Scotia are as follows:
- Highlands: Guysborough, Antigonish, and Pictou Counties
- Fundy: Cumberland and Colchester Counties, including East Hants district
- South Shore: Yarmouth, Shelburne, Queens and Lunenburg Counties
- Central: Halifax Regional Municipality and Halifax County
- Valley: Kings, Annapolis and Digby Counties, West Hants and Clare Districts
- Cape Breton: Richmond, Victoria, and Inverness Counties, Port Hawkesbury and Cape Breton Regional Municipality
The Nova Scotia 55 + Games will be held throughout Antigonish Town and County at various recreation facilities and community hubs. Over the course of three days, competitors will partake in events that endorse the importance of physical and mental health. Some of the events to be featured at this year’s Game’s include, bowling, track and field, washer toss, geocaching, swimming, tennis, crib and cycling.